PNC Bank Arts Center
Quick facts about PNC Bank Arts Center:
- The PNC Banks Arts Center is located at Exit 116 on the Garden State Parkway in Holmdel, NJ.
- The venue is approximately 40 miles south of New York City.
- Originally called the Garden State Arts Center, the venue opened June 12, 1968 as a part of a legislation to add recreational facilities along the Garden State Parkway.
- In 1996, PNC Bank purchased naming rights to the venue.
- About 17,500 people can occupy the amphitheater. There are 7,000 seats and the outdoor grass area can hold around 10,500 people.
- Ticket holders can reserve their parking spaces in the VIP Parking lot online at ticketmaster.com ahead of time. The other on site parking lots will open one hour prior to the doors opening.
- The PNC Bank Arts Theater is managed by Live Nation.
- Because the amphitheater is mostly outside, the PNC Arts Center is open seasonally and closed during the winter months.
- In June 2000 over 70 people were arrested during a Phish concert at the PNC Arts Center.
- Because of a string of underage drinking incidents in 2007 following a Gwen Stefani concert and a Fall Out Boy concert, the PNC Arts Center is notoriously strict on underage tailgating.
Image Sources: Live Nation